At St. George’s Preschool, we cultivate a love of learning and nurture the development of foundational skills across cognitive, social, emotional and physical domains. Our program offers a secure and exciting environment for children ages one through three to develop their imaginations and grow confident in their abilities.
Preschool (Ages 1-3)
Children participate in daily discovery based, hands-on learning experiences that expose them to the foundational concepts of literacy, math, writing, science and social studies. Our classrooms are filled with play, art, music, movement and literature so that children adore the discovery process of learning. Through whole group, small group and individual activities, our teachers facilitate the educational journey by engaging and challenging students so that they develop the abilities to create, question, problem-solve, express themselves and work well with others.
What makes our preschool program unique?
Dynamic Student-Driven Curriculum: Each class embarks on investigative studies that engage children in hands-on learning experiences created to teach them to become independent thinkers and collaborative learners. Each study is based on the students’ interests and incorporates whole group, small group and individual activities daily.
- Emphasis on Art and Play: Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, our program prioritizes art and play as meaningful experiences for all students. We use art, music and movement to teach children developmentally appropriate skills in a fun and engaging way. We believe children’s work is play and through play comes significant learning.
- Parents as Partners: At St. George’s Preschool, parents are our partners in their child’s educational journey, working closely with us to support the development of each child. In addition to our daily communication and collaboration with parents, we offer family events and parent workshops. Parents also have the opportunity to participate in the classroom. Communication is always open!
Preschool at a Glance
Our preschool has 100 students between the ages of one and three and more than 20 dedicated teachers and specialists.
- Preschool Day: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with the option of drop-off starting at 7:30 a.m. Full and half day schedule options available for two, three or five days.
- Extended Care: Available from 3:30 - 6 p.m. daily for an additional fee.
- Beautiful Facilities: State-of-the-art classrooms; preschool play yard with a play structure, artificial turf and a sandbox; art yard for small group activities with a chalkboard and a performance stage; and a butterfly garden for children to learn through nature.
- After-School Activities: A variety of after-school activities are offered to three-year-olds, including dance, gymnastics and other sports.
- Summer Camp: St. George's Preschool offers Dragon Camp in June and July for children ages 1-3 with priority placement for current students.