Kurzweil Software Training
Summer 2017 Information
St. George's Middle School Director and Learning Specialist Romaine McCarthy offers a summer technology course on Kurzweil 3000 for students entering fifth through eighth grades. Students will focus on completing their required summer reading, and all students who attend will have access to Kurzweil 3000 for the entire year.
Training will support:
- Building vocabulary
- Increasing fluency
- Improving comprehension
- Supporting active reading
- Drafting from templates
- Note taking
- Study guide development
Dates & Time
July 31st - August 4th; 8 a.m. - Noon (Snack provided)
Click here to download the brochure and register.
St. George's Episcopal School (computer lab, corner of Camp St. and General Pershing St.)
923 Napoleon Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70115
About Kurzweil 3000
Kurzweil 3000 is reading, writing and study skills support software that enables struggling readers to learn from the same content as their peers. Kurzweil 3000:
Supports Cornell note-taking and provides students with an organized, systematic method for recording and reviewing notes, and for pulling out major concepts and ideas.
- Provides access in various formats, visual and auditory on the computer or mp3 format on your iPod. Also available on iPad through Firefly app.
- Exposes students to rich vocabulary in eBooks that support better comprehension and writing.
- Helps condense homework time without compromising learning.
- Provides multi-sensory access to virtually any text or curriculum, including print, electronic and web-based material. Students learn from grade appropriate content, develop valuable study skills and become independent learners.
- Promotes an increase in reading rate while improving comprehension.
- Exposes students to languages such as French and Spanish for improved communication skills in the classroom.
For More Information
For more information, please contact:
Director of Middle School & Learning Specialist