At St. George’s Episcopal School, we believe confidence is the cornerstone for success in education and life. Since 1969, our rigorous academic environment has focused on utilizing small group learning to encourage our students to explore the world around them.
Our low student-to-teacher ratio enables us to provide an unmatched level of attention and personal interaction so that each student gains the confidence to achieve his or her fullest potential. Our philosophy looks beyond test scores, focusing on developing creativity, determination and a strong sense of self-worth and moral responsibility at school and in the larger community.
At St. George’s Episcopal School, we are proud to fully develop, not merely educate, each student.
At a Glance:
- Year Founded: 1969
- Accreditation & Memberships: National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS), National Association of Episcopal School (NAES) and Louisiana Department of Education
- Headmaster: Dr. Robert E. Eichberger
- Total Enrollment: 300 co-ed students in pre-k through eighth grade; 100 students in preschool ages 1-3
- Total Faculty: More than 70 teachers and specialists
- Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 5-to-1
- Student Diversity: 18-20%
- Small Instructional Groups
- Average Years Teaching at St. George's: 11
- Mascot: Dragon
- Campus: St. George’s has been located on Lawrence Square in beautiful uptown New Orleans since 1977. Our multi-building campus provides students with state-of-the-art classrooms; fine arts spaces including art and music studios, a photography lab and a fully equipped theatre; science, computer and foreign language labs; a library; a full high school size gymnasium; and outdoor social and academic areas. Most of our buildings have historical significance to New Orleans.
- Core Values: We emphasize the four core values of integrity, perseverance, compassion and respect. As St. George's citizens, our students pledge to uphold these values.
- Awards: Annually, students place in the top 10 percent of Le Grand Concours/National French Contest and the National Spanish Exam; are selected for the Duke University Talent Identification Program; and earn the President's Award for Educational Excellence.